Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Great Start

Still getting settled in here at Kona Kai.  We loaded BG-Base on my new 27” iMac using Parallels and Windows 7 Pro and some phone assistance from Mike O’Neal of BG-Base.  It’s pretty awesome running BG-Base on the iMac…you really can have your cake and eat it, too!

For lunch Joe and I went to Ballyhoo’s (a restaurant right across the street) for their Tuesday special – homemade meatloaf with green beans and mashed potatoes - which was great; reminded me of good meals back home in Ohio.  For dessert, I sampled their Key lime pie, which was fantastic.  It was the first time I had a real piece of Key lime pie, so it was quite an occasion!


Rick Hederstrom
Associate Director

1 comment:

  1. It is great to finally have an ethnobotanist aboard here at KKBG. Rick adds a whole new dimension to our evolving gardens - one of the first sub-tropical ethnobotanic gardens in the USA - perhaps even in the world. I look forward to following Rick's journey here at blogspot!

    ReplyDelete